Thursday, March 16, 2006

My First Time

This is the inaugural post for my first-ever blog, TL on PL. PL stands for "presentation layer" technologies, specifically Flash, CSS & HTML. I'm sure I'll also write occasionally about Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics and animation tools. I do a ton of research on these subjects in my career as a web designer/developer and I needed a permanent place to log my discoveries. As I come across useful tidbits of information, I'll post them here where they won't become casualties of my numerous Windows reinstallations.

I would also like to compile a comprehensive list of Flash Player quirks: stuff that you only find out about by chance, bugs that maybe only exist in specific minor versions. The kind that keep you up until 4 AM before you figure out that you weren't doing anything wrong. Until I can get Macr/Adobe to give me a copy of their bug database (hint hint) I'll have to do this a very little bit at a time.

Naturally, I'll also be creating a custom template for this blog... I just know I won't be able to handle using someone else's design for very long. So, look for that to change fairly soon.

Hopefully, this blog will be helpful to someone else looking for answers, and not bore them to death in the process.

Was this post helpful to you? If so, please consider making a small donation to keep this blog going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home