Thursday, June 01, 2006

SIFR Alternative - Demo Page

As promised, I have been working to clean up my codebase and post a working demo of my SWF Headings library. This is really a proof of concept: it has a few known issues, and is not feature-complete. At the moment, it only supports one font for all heading elements, and the methods for specifying which headings get replaced are not done. But what it does have is dynamic font resizing and dynamic text reflow.

The demo is a liquid layout, so by resizing your browser window, you should see it in action! Also, be sure to do View > Text Size and play with that a bit.

Let me know if you have any problems, and I'll be working in the meantime to iron out the remaining issues.

Without further adieu, the demo.

Was this post helpful to you? If so, please consider making a small donation to keep this blog going.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting concept. Any plans of adding Safari support?

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The liquid layout works really well. One minor bug - with the titles in the right column, if you resize the window to a smaller size, and select the titles and highlight by dragging, the text field contents actually scroll and lose the top portion of the string.

Cheers,

- Ian

5:21 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Scott,

For the most part, it should be Safari-compatible. I do need to add support for the dynamic text resize. It shouldn't be too hard. The dynamic text reflow works in Safari.

Ian, thanks for the feedback! I'll take a look at those issues in the morning.

-tom

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! Keep up the good work!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On ff 1.5.4 the text headings resize but still get overlapped by the edges of the containing elements.

12:09 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Hmm... I'm testing in FF 1.5, and I have to make the columns extremely narrow to duplicate the issue you are reporting. Is that the case with you as well?

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I should have been more specific...I was referring to the text resizing. The text reflow does work.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One is not permitted to view the demo any more.

2:30 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Somehow that last comment triggered my spam filter, and I didn't see it until today. Sorry the demo's down - I'll look into it right away.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home