Monday, March 27, 2006

Transferring large files the easy way....?

I used to use Dropload, and I still hear it being recommended all the time. However, I can't remember my account info, so I can't log in. I have hit the "I forgot my password" link several times and never had my account info emailed to me. I have tried to sign up for a new account several times and never succeeded. Their FAQ's failed me, and the trouble ticket I opened was never responded to by their customer service people.

So now, I am a satisfied user of www.yousendit.com. It says what it does, it does what it says. No account necessary, which I think is a smart move on the part of their IT people. No account management means less work for them, and no login hassle for me.

Lessons learned? If you have a service that requires customer support, be prepared to provide it, or you'll drop your customers like some kind of... well... load.

Was this post helpful to you? If so, please consider making a small donation to keep this blog going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home