Friday, June 02, 2006

SIFR Alternative - Update

As suggested by Scott Moore of nonsponsored.com, I've got dynamic font resizing for Safari 2.0 working. Hey, nothing better to do on a Friday night! It may work in earlier versions of Safari as well, but I have not tested it. As before, the test page is at http://labs.tom-lee.com/HeadingReplacement/. I'll be addressing some other issues soon.

Thanks to everyone who has offered their comments so far. I plan to put some sort of bug-tracking system in place for this project in the near future. Hopefully it will be public so that everyone can be included in the process.

I'm also thinking about giving it an official name... I don't really like calling it "SIFR Alternative", although that does say exactly what it is. Any suggestions?

Was this post helpful to you? If so, please consider making a small donation to keep this blog going.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice and it does work in Safari 1.3 too.

I'm interested to see how this would work used in a navigation menu. I played around with SIFR in navigation menus, but the results were less than ideal. I know SIFR wasn't really created for that and I'm not sure I'd ever do this in a project, but I can see some interesting possibilities.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home